Protection for decorative laminates
Whatever the types of laminates and their associated surface finishes, the Novacel range can meet all expectations with innovative and perfectly adapted products.
Novacel knows the furniture market. Endeavoring to find the best solutions for all possible finishes and detailed customer instructions is Novacel chosen approach.
From the production of the laminate to the installation of furniture, partitions, cladding, lockers or walls made by customers, Novacel surface protection films accompany and preserve your surfaces throughout their industrial life.
It is a guarantee that all the technical and esthetic value-added that you have brought to your products actually reach the end-customer
Different types of laminates protected by Novacel
- Compact laminate: furniture/exterior cladding/interior and exterior decoration/cabins & lockers
- High Pressure Laminate (HPL): interior furniture/doors/elevator cabs/worktops
- Melamine Faced Chipboard (MFC): furniture, exterior cladding, interior decoration
An answer for laminate manufacturing processes
There is a Novacel solution for all types of laminates, whatever the downstream process.
From production to installation, HPL surfaces undergo a large number of stresses and transformations. The quality of the finish needs to be preserved during transport between production plants and manufacturers of furniture or other items.
The manufacture of furniture, partitions, decorative elements, etc. requires a large number of industrial operations.
Gluing with or without heat, post-forming, cutting, milling, drilling, routing, automatic handling, assembly etc. are all operations that can damage surfaces.
However, the journey of your laminate is not over when the industrial process has been completed. Items (furniture, partitions, cladding, etc.) manufactured without harm to their value-added must then be transported and installed. Strong and well adapted protection is necessary to accompany the laminate throughout this complex process.
Choosing the right Novacel protective film can be a source of savings and reduced wastage.
Protection for smooth, glossy and matt laminate surfaces
Whatever the decorative laminate finish, Novacel can always provide exactly the right solution for your needs:
- Protection with an outdoor exposure warranty,
- Film with high thermal and mechanical resistance for post-forming operations,
- Antimicrobial protection,
- Standard protection.
The surface finish is the crucial element for selecting the right protection film. The end-use of the decorative laminate is also key.
- For compact laminates with a stylish matt finish intended for exterior cladding, Novacel 4127 is the perfect choice: this is a unique transparent film with a 3-month outdoor warranty!
- Secure your post-formable worktop production thanks to Novacel 9230, dedicated to high-gloss HPL.
- Preserve your suede surfaces with Novacel 4381 and your high-gloss ones with Novacel 4768
- Provide perfectly sanitized products that guarantee zero risk to your customers’ health thanks to Novacel 4749 for high-gloss or 4750 for suede surfaces.
For more information, visit Novacel Antimicrobial.
The emergence of new silky finishes in laminate collections has led to changes in the Novacel offering. The new products, totally suited to protection of these more structured surfaces, guarantee you of optimal protection.